Secondary Mortgage Annual Report
for the Calendar Year Ended December 31, 2016
Instructions for the Preparation and Submission of the Annual Report to the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS)
Due Date: March 1, 2017
1. The filing is not complete until it is received by DIFS. The due date for filing is March 1, 2017.
2. If you have questions regarding the report, please contact Allan Huber at 877-999-6442 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, include a telephone number to contact you with a response.
3. Enter the full name of the licensee/registrant, and the license/registration type and number, exactly as it appears on the draft copy of the Annual Report.
4. Please ensure all required fields are completed. The report cannot be submitted if a required field is incomplete.
5. If a confirmation e-mail address is provided with the report when it is submitted, an e-mail message to confirm the filing will be sent - generally within 24 hours of a successful filing.
6. If you do not have a confirmation e-mail address, please print the completed form before submitting it. This will serve as your record of the completed report responses. But, it is not a confirmation of a successful filing.
7. Upon completing the form, you must select the SUBMIT button to send the form to DIFS.
8. Annual report filing date information is available on the DIFS website:www.michigan.gov/difs. On the home page, follow the topic string: Locate> Consumer Finance & Mortgage. Locate the licensee/registrant and click on the licensee/registrant name to view DIFS Detailed Information and Reporting Dates. If the annual filing has been received and processed by DIFS, the receipt date will be displayed – generally within 48 hours of a successful filing.
9. After submitting the report, if you realize that an error was made, you must complete and resubmit the report.
10. This form cannot be saved. If the form is closed before it is submitted, it must be opened again, fully completed, and submitted to DIFS.
11. If the report is received by DIFS after the March 1, 2017 due date, the licensee/registrant will be subject to a penalty of $25.00 for each day the report is delinquent.
Continue to the Annual Report